Fran & Ray's quiz

God knows why I'm doing this when I ought to be getting on with lots of other stuff, but here goes . . .


1.        Favourite Wargaming period and why?

Hmmmm . . . Napoleonic really, but I also major in ACW and WSS.


2.       Next period, money no object?

ECW (today anyway)


3.       Favourite 5 films?

The Third Man
Blade Runner
Black Hawk Down
Night of the Hunter
Donnie Darko
Full Metal Jacket
The Blues Brothers
Brazil
The Big Lebowski
Pulp Fiction
Dr Strangelove

Oh bugger . . . .


4.       Favourite 5 TV series?

Spooks
Being Human
The Prisoner (original, not shitty remake)
Dad's Army
Ashes to Ashes/Life on Mars

5.       Favourite book and author?

You've got to be kidding! I can't even get it down to a single favourite author . . .

6.       Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!

This is answerable on many levels: general/diplomat; strategist or tactician etc. The general/diplomat, I'd go for Marlborough and the fighting general would be Alexander/Hannibal/Tilly/William Tecumseh Sherman or maybe Davout. (Favourite on just personality would be Sherman). And I still haven't answered the question . .

7.       Favourite Wargames rules?

Fire & Fury (original)

8.       Favourite Sport and team?

Rugby Union: All Blacks (but England cos it's my country)

9.       If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?

On a one way trip? The future sometime. Return trip? The past to a significant time to allow for smart investment that'd set me up in the lap of luxury now. Smart eh?

10.   Last meal on Death Row?

Lobster

11.    Fantasy relationship and why?

Rachel Weisz: attractive, intelligent, sense of humour (and she'd need it with me!)

12.   If your life were a movie, who would play you?

If I'm being honest, Danny DeVito . . .

13.   Favourite Comic  Superhero?

Never had one – never interested in 'em.

14.   Favourite Military quote?

“If my soldiers were to begin to think, not one would remain in the ranks”
Frederick the Great

15.   Historical destination to visit?

Of the places I haven't been yet, probably Istanbul

16.   Biggest Wargaming regret?

Getting rid of my Mike's Models 15mm 7YW armies

17.   Favourite Fantasy job?

Job my arse, I'm retired!

18.   Favourite Song, Top 5?

Tom Waits – lots of'em
The Passenger – maybe the Nick Cave version
Say a Little prayer – Aretha Franklin
Kelly's Heroes – Black Grape
Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
Honeybaby Blues – Maria Maldaur

Oops! Done it again!

19.   Favourite Wargaming Moment?

  Well, I bet a win would be nice . . .


20.   The miserable Git question, what upsets you?

bullying
bigotry
smart arses
inequality
snobbishness
any kind of automated system
tele sales
Virgin Mobile
whingers
people who won't try
big mouths
nosey parkers
gossips
rumour mongers
rudeness
lack of consideration
pretentiousness
liars
any extremist
brown
the intentionally obtuse
bad manners
most television
supermarkets
staff who ask me if I'd like to use the self checkout when I've obviously chosen to stand in the queue for a till
people who come in late when the film is on
people who can dish it out, but can't take it


Spot the thought patterns. There's something in that lot for a shrink!



Comments

  1. "just about everything Fran and Ray put on their lists".....WTF??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah . . . there should be 'and' in front of that.

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wounded sir and Ray would be as well if the gobshite wasn't on holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, what I mean is I agree with what you've put on your lists! Oh it's just one of those weeks . . .

    I'll try again. :O(

    ReplyDelete
  5. well. i too agree with most answers. The weeks going rough.Trying to divert my mind by some online quizes at.

    crossword puzzles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment